UroTiss Europe GmbH, a pharmaceutical company with headquarters in Dortmund / Germany, has developed an innovative and gentle method for the surgical repair of urethral strictures. Using an autologous cell transplant (Mukocell®), the patient’s own cells are used for treating the patient’s urological disease. The replacement tissue emerged from the company’s own research and development and is the first tissue engineering product in the urology field worldwide that is based on the patient’s own cells.
- Urethral Stricture: MukoCell® is the first tissue engineering product worldwide for urological applications.
- A urethral stricture is a narrowing of the urethra, mainly caused by injury and infection.
- MukoCell®, a treatment option for urethral repair that uses the patient’s own cells as a transplant
- The advantages at a glance
- Treatment procedure of Urethral stricture with MukoCell
With MukoCell®, there now exists a treatment option for urethral repair that uses the patient’s own cells as a transplant, a truly gentle alternative to conventional transplantation solutions. The replacement tissue is cultured from the patient’s own cells, incorporated into the surrounding tissue within a short amount of time and develops into new, fully functional urethral tissue. More information about urethral stricture can be found on Wikipedia.